Makes: 12 pieces
These are super simple and taste delicious without too much sweetness, and use only plant-based ingredients.
For the base:
1. In a large bowl, combine 1 ripe banana (mashed with a fork), 1 tsp unrefined coconut oil, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, and 1 tbsp coconut sugar.
2. Mix in 2 cups rolled oats (blended into flour first), then gradually pour in 1 cup plant mylk of choice, and 1/2 cup fresh water, while mixing.
3. Add a splash more water if needed.
4. Mix in 3 grated baby beetroots (rinse and cut off the ends first).
5. Pour the mixture into a lined ceramic dish or baking tray.
6. Place into the oven and cook for 30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
For the 'icing':
1. In a bowl, stir together 2 tsp beetroot powder, 2 tsp carob powder, 1 tsp coconut sugar, a squeeze of lemon juice, 2 tbsp tahini, and 3 tbsp fresh water.
2. Once the base of the slice has cooled down (this may take around 10 minutes), spread the 'icing' on top.
3. Cut the slice into several pieces.
4. Enjoy! Make sure to store it in a sealed container in the fridge, for no longer than a week.